As fitness professionals, we know how important it is to eat well on a regular basis. But who doesn’t like brownies!!! Its important to know that when you eat well regularly you can afford to indulge in an occasional sweet piece of deliscious’ness. Over the next few months, TheGym at 99 Sudbury will be posting some yummy recipes that will be sure to seduce your sweet side, while making sure your backside doesn’t get out of control.
Here’s a dessert that one of our trainers is world famous for…
GUILT AND GLUTEN FREE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
By Jason Trotman
lower fat (15.7g )
high protein (7g per brownie)
high fibre (6.4g per brownie)
Low calorie 266 calorie per brownie)
INGREDIENTS (makes 9 large brownies):
1 cup chickpeas
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup coconut butter
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup 70% or darker chocolate chunks/chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a square brownie pan.
2. Blend chickpeas in a blender. Add eggs, maple syrup, applesauce and vanilla, blend till smooth.
3. Add coconut butter and blend till smooth.
4. Combine flours and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl.
5. Pour in liquid mixture from blender, stir until combined.
6. Fold in chocolate chunks or chips and pour batter into greased pan. It is quite thick for me so spread it out with a spatula.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes. I like mine extra soft in the centre so I baked just 40 minutes.
8. LET COOL. With these brownies, being gluten-free, they’ll fall apart if you don’t let them cool first. Then slice into squares and enjoy the fudgy goodness!